The experts at Innovation Vista have brought our expertise together to collaborate on a unique approach to technology that goes beyond traditional goals for IT, to Drive Revenue with Technology.
Traditional IT strategies yield many efficiencies for organizations which invest time and effort into them. Processes are automated, systems are implemented to gather key organization data, and reports are standardized to analyze and communicate that data. These are valuable gains for an organization, and many of these capabilities have risen to the level of requirements for operating in the 21st century. Efficiency is nice.
But Innovation Vista is not satisfied with the same IT approach most industries have followed since last century. We Innovate Beyond Efficiency.
Our evolutionary approach ensures that prerequisite phase(s) are completed in succession. As much as business leaders want to jump immediately into “Digital Transformation” (and as much as many consultants are happy to sell services to do so), our experience tells us that companies which aren’t ready with the underlying IT capabilities and stability are simply not ready.
As with all worthwhile things, creating revenue or disrupting your industry with technology capabilities require significant effort and preparation. We seek to Build Trust First, and to maintain that trust throughout the journey as your trusted IT strategic advisors.
Each of the elements of this approach is critical to success of the overall process:
- Building Trust First is crucial to ensuring that plans are based on accurate facts, and that the entire organization will engage fully in teamwork to achieve the vision
- Assessing IT in the context of the Business is a key information gathering phase absolutely critical prior to setting any strategy in place
- IT & Digital Strategy is the joint formulation of the Innovation roadmap that maximizes IT’s impact toward the business’ overall strategy
- ROI Investments represent individual projects which will each stand on their own for ROI/benefits, but also move the organization and IT toward the vision
- Stabilizing IT is our first strategic milestone. Your organization may well be past this one, but we don’t take that for granted
- Rationalizing IT is a collaborative process examining the economic basis of each IT policy, system, group, and vendor in a cost/benefit analysis
- Monetizing IT becomes possible when Innovations begin to contribute to revenue, either accelerating the existing revenue cycle or creating brand new stream(s)
- Digital Transformation is a common term in business usage today; in our model it really consists of both Monetizing IT and then Disrupting the organization’s industry
- Disruption occurs when a company’s Innovation has so changed its cost model, supply chain, &/or delivery chain that it can rewrite the economic rules of its industry, enabling it to serve customers in ways or at price-points that its competitors cannot sustain, leading to enormous growth in market-share.
We’ve built the model above to reflect our approach to Innovation Consulting, but we absolutely know that every client’s situation is unique. Indeed, knowing how to tailor or adjust the model for each client is perhaps the most critical value our collective expertise brings to Innovation Vista’s engagements.
Contact us now to begin a dialogue about how we can enable your organization to Innovate Beyond Efficiency…
Increasingly, how an organization views and uses their data determines their level of success, and therefore the value of the enterprise. Data can be as valuable as gold nuggets for companies, but too often it’s ignored--“left on the ground” rather than mined, gathered, and inventoried as a strategic asset. Gartner research indicates that by 2021, the vast majority of stock analysts will include “data” components in their corporate valuation models for how much structured information each company possesses and how strategically they use it. This fact will surprise few. And yet despite this being a well-known fact, Forrester estimates that between 2/3 and 3/4 of corporate data still goes unused in any capacity for analytics. Care Must be Taken to Protect Your Customers’ Privacy No doubt your organization has contractual obligations and has made promises (explicit or implied) to your customers to protect ALL data which, if released, could [...]
Is your IT just “keeping the lights on”? i.e. Are you just waiting to be disrupted? (Or did COVID already do that?) Don’t get me wrong – keeping the lights on, avoiding security breaches, even creating organizational/margin efficiency with IT – these are worthy goals. But they are TABLE STAKES in today’s pandemic economy; we go far beyond this in our proprietary Innovation framework: → STABILIZE your IT – yes “the lights need to stay on” reliably, securely, auditably → RATIONALIZE myriad strategic trade-offs – get what you pay for, pay to your point of maximum ROI → MONETIZE your IT – invest in tech capabilities to drive REVENUE & MARKET-SHARE Innovation Vista’s mission is to INNOVATE BEYOND EFFICIENCY for TOP-LINE IMPACT in midsize companies: → Taking market-share with tech capabilities your competitors can’t match → Enabling Digital connection not just in remote teams, but with your customers → Accelerating [...]
Digital disruption began well before we were all forced to practice social distancing, but recently it has advanced into sections of society that were previously slow to adopt. As more and more business is conducted online, especially from the palm of their hand, customers are beginning to distinguish between companies who provide an easy experience vs. those who have limited or no digital capabilities. This is really just a continuation of the evolution of customer preferences, and the rewarding of those who align with (or even drive) that evolution. In the not so distant past, we witnessed what can happen to a brand that does not respond quickly to customer behaviors. Customer battles were everywhere: Blockbuster vs Netflix, and every box store vs Amazon. Now, in the tenuous aftermath of the nationwide COVID-19 economic shutdown, we are seeing other sectors being challenged to make digital the new normal, including service, [...]