Leverage Expert Tech Leadership When & Where You Need it. ONLY When & Where You Need it.
Technology has never been more strategic than it is to modern business. Because IT skills are so different from those possessed by many business leaders, most CEOs and Boards of Directors want an experienced leader at the top of their IT organization. Experience is critical in IT decisions from architecture to culture, staffing, and vendor options. These crucial IT strategy decisions will reverberate – for better or for worse – across their companies for years to come…
With decisions of this importance on the line, where the spectrum of impact from wise vs. poor decisions is so extremely wide, it’s no wonder that many companies hire full-time CIOs and CTOs for this role, often conducting nationwide/worldwide searches to find the right candidate. Compensation packages have increased significantly in recent years, as the strategic importance of the role has increased far faster than the pool of experienced leaders.
But what are companies to do who who can’t afford the escalated compensation packages demanded by experienced C-level IT leaders, despite having the same needs for these consulting services? Most courses of action involve a trade-off either accepting less experience than ideally wanted and/or higher compensation costs for the position. With any approach, it is a difficult challenge for companies with limited budgets to get the experience they truly need for these critical decisions and responsibilities. Innovation Vista’s Virtual CIO Service (aka vCIO, vCTO, Fractional CIO, Virtual CTO, Fractional CTO, Part-time CIO, Part-time CTO) has been designed as a solution for companies in exactly this situation.
What is a Virtual CIO (vCIO)?
A Virtual CIO provides IT leadership and strategy guidance to an organization on a part-time/fractional basis, often remotely/virtually. They are experienced C-level IT leaders who, in their virtual capacity, offer innovation, strategic planning, negotiation, vendor management, and mentoring services to small and midsize companies more affordably than the cost of a full-time CIO or CTO with similar experience.
Our Virtual CIO Service Brings You the Tech Expertise and Leadership You Need, at a Price You Can Afford
Our firm’s unique approach offers small- and mid-size businesses the guidance and Information Technology leadership services of expert consultants who have served as either a CIO, vCIO, CTO, vCTO, or CDO in one or multiple successful tenures, and who have experience in your industry. Our consultants:
- Possess decades of experience with the strategic decisions needed for success in enterprise technology for your business
- Are IT professionals with deep experience with it strategy, including it infrastructure, it applications, data and analytics
- Have familiarity with the business model(s), terminology, IT strategy, and IT systems of your industry
- Are armed with our proprietary Innovation framework and consulting services toolkits to Stabilize, Optimize, and Monetize your organization’s IT services
- Provide virtual IT leadership services to clients on a part-time/fractional retainer basis, to make this expertise accessible to any budget