The First Step in Our Unique Approach to Innovation – Build Trust First ®
Innovation Vista’s unique methodology for all engagements relating to strategic change, transformation and transition starts with a key step: we BUILD TRUST FIRST. We believe not only that it leads to success; we believe something like it is absolutely required for projects like these to succeed!
Gartner reports that 75% of Digital Transformation initiatives will fail, highlighting particularly higher risks when these are seen as “IT Projects”. That is a daunting estimate, but one based on real facts and track records. ..and one we believe is based on human nature…
Trust is a universal Human Need Turbo-charger
Although we apply this approach to IT-driven transformation, it is truly in effect in every aspect of our lives. Myriad leadership studies have proven the connection between success/efficiency/effectiveness and trust. And each of us can confirm in our own lives the “difference” between situations where trust was absent vs. present; it is not difficult to recall in which situations we were at our best…
As with many things, the impact of trust may be seen more clearly by examining what happens when it’s absent. There is something deep in human nature which causes us to hold back, maybe in subconscious self-preservation, in these situations.
Trust impacts multiple aspects of our work performance
Consider the impact of the presence vs. absence of trust in these key activities:
- Proposing a brand new solution to a problem
- Suggesting a change in strategy to react to market forces
- Clarifying roles when you feel there may be a crack through which things might fall
- Pointing out a flaw in a colleague’s work product which could impact the project
- Pointing out a flaw in the boss’s work product
- Delegating a wide spectrum of tasks across a team
- Planning a project or team budget
This is why Build Trust First is the first step in our strategic framework to Innovate Beyond Efficiency…