Defining Digital Transformation
It has been defined very differently in different contexts. Some focus on transforming how marketing is conducted in the age of internet search engines and social media. Others refer to it as the transition from traditional physical assets, logistics and customer interactions to “digital” (technology-based) assets, delivery mechanisms and customer interactions. Some believe it involves a complete rethinking of a company’s strategy, supply chain, value chain, product/service delivery process, and business model, in the context of new technology capabilities such as:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Advanced GIS Mapping
- Big Data
- Robotic Process Automation
- Augmented Reality
- Virtual Reality
- the Internet of Things (IoT)
Innovation Vista sees all of these as tools and means to an end, and certainly it will look different in different industries and business strategies.. We view Digital Transformation in the context of our overall model of Innovating Beyond Efficiency, and define it as simply this: Digital Business is the leveraging of Technology to drive new Revenue for an organization.
Innovation Vista’s Digital Transformation Services
Because we recruit experienced C-level IT executives as lead consultants, our team brings expertise and proven track records to these engagements. Our experts are comparable to anyone at the senior partner level at Deloitte, PwC, Accenture, E&Y, or BCG, but we have four significant advantages these competitors cannot match:
- Our lead consultants remain fully engaged throughout the term of our consulting projects. When you engage one of the “Big 4” accounting firms or “Big 3” strategy firms, you may never again see the senior partner from the day the contract is signed…
- We keep this level of engagement throughout project teams. We utilize only skilled staff with actual real-world experience to execute projects. Our larger competitors recruit heavily from universities and have first year associates out billing clients within a month.
- Our bill-rates are significantly lower across the board for all seniority levels and skill-sets, as we don’t have to carry the overhead of those larger firms. (We don’t sponsor pro golfers or tennis championships, etc…)
- We target our services at midsize companies. If you’re a company of this size (< $5B in annual sales), you will not likely see engagement with senior consultants or receive quality staff assigned from one of the Big 4 or Big 3.
We would love to talk with you further about our services. Please contact us to setup an initial conversation to explore how our expertise can guide and empower your company’s Digital Transformation…!
Is your IT just “keeping the lights on”? i.e. Are you just waiting to be disrupted? (Or did COVID already do that?) Don’t get me wrong – keeping the lights on, avoiding security breaches, even creating organizational/margin efficiency with IT – these are worthy goals. But they are TABLE STAKES in today’s pandemic economy; we go far beyond this in our proprietary Innovation framework: → STABILIZE your IT – yes “the lights need to stay [...]
Digital disruption began well before we were all forced to practice social distancing, but recently it has advanced into sections of society that were previously slow to adopt. As more and more business is conducted online, especially from the palm of their hand, customers are beginning to distinguish between companies who provide an easy experience vs. those who have limited or no digital capabilities. This is really just a continuation of the evolution of customer [...]
COVID-19 has escalated and turbo-charged digital transformation across the globe. Prior to COVID, many organizations planned to build out more options for their employees to be more productive by working remotely. They planned to create a way for customers to interact with them and buy from them online, and allow for their management teams to have dashboard views of their internal productivity and customer interactions. Most planned for these enhancements to be phased in over [...]