Defining Digital Transformation
It has been defined very differently in different contexts. Some focus on transforming how marketing is conducted in the age of internet search engines and social media. Others refer to it as the transition from traditional physical assets, logistics and customer interactions to “digital” (technology-based) assets, delivery mechanisms and customer interactions. Some believe it involves a complete rethinking of a company’s strategy, supply chain, value chain, product/service delivery process, and business model, in the context of new technology capabilities such as:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Advanced GIS Mapping
- Big Data
- Robotic Process Automation
- Augmented Reality
- Virtual Reality
- the Internet of Things (IoT)
Innovation Vista sees all of these as tools and means to an end, and certainly it will look different in different industries and business strategies.. We view Digital Transformation in the context of our overall model of Innovating Beyond Efficiency, and define it as simply this: Digital Business is the leveraging of Technology to drive new Revenue for an organization.
Innovation Vista’s Digital Transformation Services
Because we recruit experienced C-level IT executives as lead consultants, our team brings expertise and proven track records to these engagements. Our experts are comparable to anyone at the senior partner level at Deloitte, PwC, Accenture, E&Y, or BCG, but we have four significant advantages these competitors cannot match:
- Our lead consultants remain fully engaged throughout the term of our consulting projects. When you engage one of the “Big 4” accounting firms or “Big 3” strategy firms, you may never again see the senior partner from the day the contract is signed…
- We keep this level of engagement throughout project teams. We utilize only skilled staff with actual real-world experience to execute projects. Our larger competitors recruit heavily from universities and have first year associates out billing clients within a month.
- Our bill-rates are significantly lower across the board for all seniority levels and skill-sets, as we don’t have to carry the overhead of those larger firms. (We don’t sponsor pro golfers or tennis championships, etc…)
- We target our services at midsize companies. If you’re a company of this size (< $5B in annual sales), you will not likely see engagement with senior consultants or receive quality staff assigned from one of the Big 4 or Big 3.
We would love to talk with you further about our services. Please contact us to setup an initial conversation to explore how our expertise can guide and empower your company’s Digital Transformation…!
Over 90% of companies with dedicated sales teams have licensed a CRM system, and yet far fewer of these companies believe their CRMs are strategic in their impact to the top and bottom lines. Quora got double-digits responses to the question "Why do salespeople hate CRM?" "Why do salespeople love CRM?" had not been posted as a question as of the time of this writing. Why is it so challenging to get sales teams to [...]
Digital transformation is a buzzword which has crept into the language of business in recent years, and the definition of the term varies greatly. At Innovation Vista, we define “digital transformation” as the effort to use technology to grow revenue. Digital Transformation - A Broader Vision for IT Digital transformation is driven by a broader view of Information Technology than its traditional goals of increasing efficiency and automation to help businesses save money and boost [...]
For small and midsize companies competing against large competitors, it can often feel like they are set up to fail. The competitors may have stronger purchasing power, economies of scale, and lower cost of capital, making it hard for the smaller companies to gain any sort of an edge. But the innovation of new technologies is giving many companies hope that they can indeed compete with large competitors several times their size. Innovation is the [...]