Life is an ongoing journey of learning, as many college graduates hear in their commencement address. Everyone needs training on a regular basis, to build new skills and keep current in a world that is changing faster than ever before. Even CEOs meet regularly with colleagues for co-mentoring, and most read dozens of books each year. Innovation Vista doesn’t attempt or claim to be a training organization, but we do provide one key service for IT leaders: coaching.
Coaching differs from training in several ways:
- It is one on one, allowing for deep exploration of the nuances of challenging situations and decisions
- Coaching is integrative, drawing together all the skills both participants have gained through their career
We tailor our coaching plans just as we do our Technology Strategies! Each situation is different.
- Organizations may sign their top IT leader up for coaching in preparation for major changes or expansion
- An IT leader may benefit from coaching prior to (or alongside) being promoted to the next level up, becoming responsible for unfamiliar processes
- Individuals may sign up in order to prepare themselves for a promotion opportunity (or their families may gift them this coaching)
- CIOs who have come up through an operations/infrastructure type of background may desire a deeper grasp on applications & data
- IT leaders who have advanced from an analyst/programming/project management background may want help navigating security and the cloud
- CIOs who succeeded in one organization may be struggling in another company or industry (this is one of the most common patterns we see, and it is one for which coaching is a far better initial remedy, given that the capability for solid performance is known to be there)
Our team of C-level experts have long histories of mentoring and coaching IT leaders to rise to their full potential. Truth be known, it is one of the most fulfilling things we can do with our time…! If you know of a situation where coaching might benefit an IT leader, please contact us to start a dialogue about how we can help.