Virtual cio services
ONLY When & Where You Need it.
With decisions of this importance on the line, where the spectrum of impact from wise vs. poor decisions is so extremely wide, it’s no wonder that many companies hire full-time CIOs and CTOs for this role, often conducting nationwide/worldwide searches to find the right candidate. Compensation packages have increased significantly in recent years, as the strategic importance of the role has increased far faster than the pool of experienced leaders.
But what are companies to do who who can’t afford the escalated compensation packages demanded by experienced C-level IT leaders, despite having the same needs for these consulting services?Most courses of action invol ve a trade-off either accepting less experience than ideally wanted and/or higher compensation costs for the position. With any approach, it is a difficult challenge for companies with limited budgets to get the experience they truly need for these critical decisions and responsibilities. Innovation Vista’s Virtual CIO Service (aka vCIO, vCTO, Fractional CIO, Virtual CTO, Fractional CTO, Part-time CIO, Part-time CTO) has been designed as a solution for companies in exactly this situation.
What is a Virtual CIO (vCIO)?
A Virtual CIO provides IT leadership and strategy guidance to an organization on a part-time/fractional basis, often remotely/virtually. They are experienced C-level IT leaders who, in their virtual capacity, offer innovation, strategic planning, negotiation, vendor management, and mentoring services to small and midsize companies more affordably than the cost of a full-time CIO or CTO with similar experience.
Possess decades of experience with the strategic decisions needed for success in enterprise technology for your business
Collaborate with your leadership and staff to align IT strategy to your unique business positioning, strategy and culture.
Have familiarity with the business model(s), terminology, IT strategy, and IT systems of your industry
Are armed with our proprietary Innovation framework and toolkits to Stabilize, Optimize, and Monetize your organization’s IT
Are IT professionals with deep experience with IT strategy, including IT infrastructure, IT applications, data and analytics
Provide virtual IT leadership services to clients on a part-time/fractional retainer basis, to make this expertise accessible to any budget
You Need to Stabilize Your IT or Ready to Build an Industry-leading Platform
- Our Virtual CIO offering starts as low as $1900 per week – a cheap “insurance policy”
- Often, suggestions from having been “around the block” can help businesses avoid painful mistakes in IT infrastructure or overall IT strategy
- Our expert IT consultants can serve as a coach/mentor to IT managers with good potential and company/industry expertise and IT services skills, but who lack seasoning
- Need to start small (startup businesses, new divisions) but want the right foundation put in place for future growth?
- Our Virtual CIO (vCIO) service can scale as your needs change – a bit like a Cloud approach to “CIO as a Service“
- This service can begin in the form of an Interim CIO (full-time) and then ramp down to part-time Virtual CIO service after an M&A event, new-hire, knowledge transfer, etc.
- Your Virtual CIO can also act as a technology advisor to the board and/or C-suite on strategic IT decisions and alternatives, to set IT goals that make sense for your overall business strategy
- Need more involvement to Stabilize and develop a plan to Optimize your IT, then reduce to lower ongoing costs?
Wikipedia gives this summary and definition of brainstorming: Brainstorming is a group creativity technique by which efforts are made to find a conclusion for a specific problem by
Microsoft created some waves in the Robotic Process Automation (RPA) space this week, with the announcement at their
The IT bar is set too low by business leaders Most CEOs and COOs spend their days trying to increase revenue and market share, while