Defining Digital Transformation
It has been defined very differently in different contexts. Some focus on transforming how marketing is conducted in the age of internet search engines and social media. Others refer to it as the transition from traditional physical assets, logistics and customer interactions to “digital” (technology-based) assets, delivery mechanisms and customer interactions. Some believe it involves a complete rethinking of a company’s strategy, supply chain, value chain, product/service delivery process, and business model, in the context of new technology capabilities such as:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Advanced GIS Mapping
- Big Data
- Robotic Process Automation
- Augmented Reality
- Virtual Reality
- the Internet of Things (IoT)
Innovation Vista sees all of these as tools and means to an end, and certainly it will look different in different industries and business strategies.. We view Digital Transformation in the context of our overall model of Innovating Beyond Efficiency, and define it as simply this: Digital Business is the leveraging of Technology to drive new Revenue for an organization.
Innovation Vista’s Digital Transformation Services
Because we recruit experienced C-level IT executives as lead consultants, our team brings expertise and proven track records to these engagements. Our experts are comparable to anyone at the senior partner level at Deloitte, PwC, Accenture, E&Y, or BCG, but we have four significant advantages these competitors cannot match:
- Our lead consultants remain fully engaged throughout the term of our consulting projects. When you engage one of the “Big 4” accounting firms or “Big 3” strategy firms, you may never again see the senior partner from the day the contract is signed…
- We keep this level of engagement throughout project teams. We utilize only skilled staff with actual real-world experience to execute projects. Our larger competitors recruit heavily from universities and have first year associates out billing clients within a month.
- Our bill-rates are significantly lower across the board for all seniority levels and skill-sets, as we don’t have to carry the overhead of those larger firms. (We don’t sponsor pro golfers or tennis championships, etc…)
- We target our services at midsize companies. If you’re a company of this size (< $5B in annual sales), you will not likely see engagement with senior consultants or receive quality staff assigned from one of the Big 4 or Big 3.
We would love to talk with you further about our services. Please contact us to setup an initial conversation to explore how our expertise can guide and empower your company’s Digital Transformation…!
Tech company startups are the darlings of the press and of venture capitalists. It certainly seems that tech companies dominate the list of "Unicorns" and top IPOs from the last few decades. Their pace of revenue acceleration (though not necessarily usually earnings) are breathtaking - at least for the few who make it "over the hump" to reach critical mass. But these are far from the only startup businesses where key IT decisions are needed. [...]
When you teach your children how to read, you don’t hand them a dictionary. You start with one letter, then move on to the next, hoping you know enough words that describe the letter “X” and can create a system from which they will learn on their own. No one expects a toddler to suddenly pick up the morning paper and process the symbols inked onto the page into useable information—but even knowing that, they [...]
Organizations run the risk of being "inoculated" against the power of innovation if their early investments in technology or "digital transformation" fails to deliver business benefits. In fact, "Digital" is becoming a four-letter word in some companies. One risk is if the initial digital "pilot" is over-hyped by its sponsors, possibly in an effort to get approval for the initiative if it's a controversial topic. While it may seem justifiable to over-promise a little with [...]