Defining Digital Transformation
It has been defined very differently in different contexts. Some focus on transforming how marketing is conducted in the age of internet search engines and social media. Others refer to it as the transition from traditional physical assets, logistics and customer interactions to “digital” (technology-based) assets, delivery mechanisms and customer interactions. Some believe it involves a complete rethinking of a company’s strategy, supply chain, value chain, product/service delivery process, and business model, in the context of new technology capabilities such as:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Advanced GIS Mapping
- Big Data
- Robotic Process Automation
- Augmented Reality
- Virtual Reality
- the Internet of Things (IoT)
Innovation Vista sees all of these as tools and means to an end, and certainly it will look different in different industries and business strategies.. We view Digital Transformation in the context of our overall model of Innovating Beyond Efficiency, and define it as simply this: Digital Business is the leveraging of Technology to drive new Revenue for an organization.
Innovation Vista’s Digital Transformation Services
Because we recruit experienced C-level IT executives as lead consultants, our team brings expertise and proven track records to these engagements. Our experts are comparable to anyone at the senior partner level at Deloitte, PwC, Accenture, E&Y, or BCG, but we have four significant advantages these competitors cannot match:
- Our lead consultants remain fully engaged throughout the term of our consulting projects. When you engage one of the “Big 4” accounting firms or “Big 3” strategy firms, you may never again see the senior partner from the day the contract is signed…
- We keep this level of engagement throughout project teams. We utilize only skilled staff with actual real-world experience to execute projects. Our larger competitors recruit heavily from universities and have first year associates out billing clients within a month.
- Our bill-rates are significantly lower across the board for all seniority levels and skill-sets, as we don’t have to carry the overhead of those larger firms. (We don’t sponsor pro golfers or tennis championships, etc…)
- We target our services at midsize companies. If you’re a company of this size (< $5B in annual sales), you will not likely see engagement with senior consultants or receive quality staff assigned from one of the Big 4 or Big 3.
We would love to talk with you further about our services. Please contact us to setup an initial conversation to explore how our expertise can guide and empower your company’s Digital Transformation…!
For small and midsize companies competing against large competitors, it can often feel like they are set up to fail. The competitors may have stronger purchasing power, economies of scale, and lower cost of capital, making it hard for the smaller companies to gain any sort of an edge. But the innovation of new technologies is giving many companies hope that they can indeed compete with large competitors several times their size. Innovation is the [...]
No matter where the vision for innovation comes from, the board and CEO must support and evangelize transformation for it to succeed. If the board and CEO don't fully grasp why the transformation is needed, or how it should be achieved, it can bring about more harm than good. They would be better of pausing or canceling the project until everyone can get on the same wavelength. The worst whiplash an organization can receive is [...]
Do you have a vision for the potential of technology to impact your company's future, but lack the details to make specific proposals? Part of leadership is seeing the need for change and taking steps to share and implement this vision with your team. The first step doesn’t have to be perfect or huge—you need not jump into the deep end of the pool right away, but it's critical at least to acknowledge that you [...]