Solve your IT issues and Leverage Tech Leadership When & Where You Need it. ONLY When & Where You Need it.
Companies rely on modern Information Technology platforms to conduct business on a day-to-day basis, and an enormous industry exists to support the operation and improvement of these software and hardware solutions. Reliable success on this “Basic IT” is TABLE STAKES in today’s economy. If your IT isn’t at this level, your organization is at real risk in multiple ways. Most large and some midsize organizations hire experienced CIOs/CTOs to lead their IT departments to stability and beyond.
But hiring an experienced CIO isn’t always the right move. For smaller organizations and smaller IT departments, there is a real challenge in the traditional payroll model:
- An experienced CIO is very expensive; these are scarce resources and the demand is great
- Middle managers or “homegrown” IT managers are willing to work for less, but may have blind-spots which more than offset the savings
- Just as in the NFL, unless someone has been a CIO previously, they generally have a weakness on “the other side of the ball”:
- Systems, Data, e-Commerce & Analytics
- Infrastructure, Operations, & Security
- Just as in the NFL, leaders who have mastered both sides have results which clearly show the difference
This is where our C-Suite Advisory service comes in. Our expert consultants have this experience, and provide it to clients on a fractional retainer basis. And we even go one step further than CIOs/CTOs obsessed with Efficiency – we target Growth in your Revenue and Market-share.
Install a Safety Net on IT Risk and Focus Your Technology 0n Real Top-Line Growth – Starting at $1k per week
Leverage the expertise of a successful C-level IT Leader, selected for your organization for industry experience and skill-sets. They can review all of your plans, security protections, processes, budgets, and contracts.
- Are you running risks on stability or security of which you’re unaware?
- Have your systems and data already been comprised without your knowledge?
- Are you being taken advantage of by software and hardware companies with expert negotiators?
Once our consultant ensures your systems are stable, reliable, and efficient, we Innovate Beyond Efficiency. The technologies we often use to drive Revenue are proven and economical, and our experts will collaborate with your leadership and technology teams to bring the best of those options to your organization based on real ROI (surpassing alternative ROIC). We’ve achieved top-line growth with differentiated IT capabilities in many ways in different industries, and we can do it for you.
Pull Back the Curtain on Real Innovation for About the Cost of an Entry-level Technician
Experience MATTERS, but so do costs. Your organization can leverage the SAME level of expertise as your larger competitors, but in strategic spots rather than a full-time role on your payroll. These services are included in our offering:
- FREE INITIAL ASSESSMENT of your IT platform & group
- New Technology trends/capabilities research applicable to your business
- Competitor/SWOT analysis on Innovation & Digital Transformation
- Key question answered: What is needed in IT to catch up with (or surpass) your competitors?
- Identify Stabilization opportunities for unreliable or insecure systems
- Identify Cost Savings opportunities from automation & enhanced systems
- Identify Revenue opportunities from differentiated Tech capabilities
- Analysis & Roadmap: How can your company’s IT platform become a profit center?
- Vetting/consulting on all internal IT plans, budgets, negotiations, projects
- Vendor oversight on all key IT software, hardware, and service providers
- Coaching for a company’s top IT leader, esp. re: a business mindset for IT
End the Trade-offs of Cost vs. Experience and Impact. Let us Tailor a Service for Your Organization’s Needs and Opportunities
- Our consultant can collaborate regularly with a specific CXO (often CFO, COO, CMO, or CEO). This can be a 1:1 private advisory partnership, or…
- Our consultant can participate &/or submit assessments/reports for monthly/quarterly leadership meetings
- Our consultant can regularly touch base and mentor your company’s top IT leader to upgrade their focus on Revenue Growth
- …or any combination of the above
Get your FREE ASSESSMENT and see how we can help your organization
- There is no obligation. If you like, you can take our ideas directly to your Tech team/vendor for them to consider.
- But if you’d like to partner with an expert bringing this approach, signup for ANY/ALL THE SERVICES ABOVE for about the cost of an entry-level technician
Our Advisory Service starts at $1k per week. Interested to learn how much benefit that can buy you?
The world is becoming increasingly personalized. Frequent flier numbers and customer membership programs enable companies to track consumers' buying patterns; social media platforms and digital marketing channels enable them to know even more about our preferences and lives. The door has been opened to inappropriate uses of this information, as evidenced by the "fake news" and Facebook/Cambridge Analytica scandals from the 2016 election. But far more commonly, companies are using customer data in legitimate to personalize their communications with customers, with significant results. Customers are happy for you to know about them According to Accenture, 83% of consumers are willing to share their data in order to enable a personalized B2C experience, and 91% say it actually impacts their buying habits. For B2B purposes, companies have long known there is easy access to public data about them, so any gain in efficiency is welcomed from suppliers who make use of [...]
Over 90% of companies with dedicated sales teams have licensed a CRM system, and yet far fewer of these companies believe their CRMs are strategic in their impact to the top and bottom lines. Quora got double-digits responses to the question "Why do salespeople hate CRM?" "Why do salespeople love CRM?" had not been posted as a question as of the time of this writing. Why is it so challenging to get sales teams to use CRM systems? Contrary to some other commentators on this topic, I don't believe the problem of low CRM adoption is due mainly to the systems being overly complex, or salespeople having limited grasp of software generally. Don't get me wrong; some CRMs are no doubt too complex, designed by techies without sufficient input from real sales teams, etc. There are over 300 different CRM systems in the market today, and no doubt some are [...]
Digital transformation is a buzzword which has crept into the language of business in recent years, and the definition of the term varies greatly. At Innovation Vista, we define “digital transformation” as the effort to use technology to grow revenue. Digital Transformation - IT strategy insights for CXOs Digital transformation is driven by a broader view of Information Technology than its traditional goals of increasing efficiency and automation to help businesses save money and boost productivity. Today, technology has advanced in ways that allow businesses to do much more than what was possible in the past. Even in its traditional scope, IT has become a major component of most businesses' success. Most corporate executives and C-suites are comfortable with it in this shape and size, but when there’s talk of re-envisioning IT, even with the promise of greater impact, CXOs can become understandably nervous. Hesitations on Digital Transformation One of [...]
For small and midsize companies competing against large competitors, it can often feel like they are set up to fail. The competitors may have stronger purchasing power, economies of scale, and lower cost of capital, making it hard for the smaller companies to gain any sort of an edge. But the innovation of new technologies is giving many companies hope that they can indeed compete with large competitors several times their size. Innovation is the key to balancing the scale of power. Despite their significant advantages in economies of scale, larger companies also have a liability which can become significant in the emerging Digital Age. Because of their size, large companies have many more layers of bureaucracy and formality. Each of those layers in a larger organization is a delay in decision-making and innovation, particularly when the changes being contemplated are significant and impact a company's business model, pricing, supply [...]
No matter where the vision for innovation comes from, the board and CEO must support and evangelize transformation for it to succeed. If the board and CEO don't fully grasp why the transformation is needed, or how it should be achieved, it can bring about more harm than good. They would be better of pausing or canceling the project until everyone can get on the same wavelength. The worst whiplash an organization can receive is a "transformation" project being pushed by IT which doesn't have the support of top leadership. Why? Because the rest of the company will take their lead on how to respond—how seriously to take the change—from their top leadership. If they see shoulder shrugs, they may shrug too and won’t be fully committed to getting on board. Just as importantly, the support from top leadership will deeply impact the behavior of those pushing the change—in IT [...]
Do you have a vision for the potential of technology to impact your company's future, but lack the details to make specific proposals? Part of leadership is seeing the need for change and taking steps to share and implement this vision with your team. The first step doesn’t have to be perfect or huge—you need not jump into the deep end of the pool right away, but it's critical at least to acknowledge that you need to learn how to swim. No matter how your organization uses data—processing, analyzing, or simply entering it and viewing it on a daily basis—there is a high likelihood that some kind of digital technology can take your efforts to the next level. Initially, you may not have clarity on how automation, AI, or analytics will play a part, but neither is it a requirement for someone to know all the strokes before deciding they [...]