Transitions can be among the most daunting and complex business events for leaders to navigate, and it is often the technology aspects of the change which lead to failure.
For this reason, providing Interim IT Leadership is one of Innovation Vista’s core service offerings. Our experienced consultants have been involved with multiple transitions of various kinds, and bring their expertise to bear on our clients’ challenges:
- Turnaround of failing companies or IT departments
- Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
- Transition to new business models or markets
- Change in exit strategy – private equity and IPO strategies
- Interim IT leadership to coach successor or as preparatory to M&A
Transition events bring a unique set of challenges which not only add to, but significantly complicate, the ongoing workload involved with successfully operating an IT platform.
Other organizations have an interest in unique longer-term IT leadership arrangements:
- Virtual CIOs – who fill the traditional CIO role as the “head of Information Technology” as a consultant, often part-time &/or remote
- Fractional CIOs – who fill the role of CIO for 2 or more organizations at the same time
These structures don’t make sense for every organization, but they may offer a nice solution for some small and midsize companies seeking experienced leadership for lower compensation costs than they would have traditionally paid a full-time CIO.
If your organization is facing a need of any of these kinds, please contact us to begin a conversation about how our experienced experts can help you navigate it in your Technology group.